Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

CHRISTMAS: A TIMELESS MEANING


It's few days away from Christmas time. But here in the Philippines, we are forced to hear sad news: Maguindanao Massacre, Martial Law, a president running for a lower post for the next election which could probably lead into Charter Change abhorred by the masses. We get too fixated on these things which we think as our reality that we forgot that Christmas time is in our midst. And that we fail to to experience the joy that it offers us.


As I write this piece, I am but a victim of the same pattern of thoughts but after I got out from the Blessed Sacrament today taking a time of prayer with Him who is the ultimate reason of Christmas joy, Jesus Christ, our Savior, Emmanuel, I cannot help but write this hoping I could infect joy of christmas to those who are in my network the best way possible. And I have made up the following resolutions:

1. I am first and foremost a Christian who believes in Christ and that whatever surroundings there is, I must decide to take the season with utmost waiting, with utmost hope, with utmost joy and finally celebration that a real God once came to us became Man to give us salvation and that in this time of year I ought to take in my heart the meaning of Christmas; that same God who is available daily in the Holy Eucharist, that same God who offers Himself to everyone of whatever faith they embrace as He is present in every creature, in every human being's soul.

2. I am a Filipino and as a citizen of this great nation, I must continue the culture that we have on Christmas time. The sharing of oneself to others and perhaps this time not just physically to our love ones and neighbors near us but thanks God to this internet technology that allows us to share the same degree of camaraderie and sense of oneness to people that once became part of our lives through various types of social networking.

3. I belong to a family who puts premium on giving during Christmas season. It does not have to be in the form of material things but they can always be conveyed in simple gestures of kiss, hugs and well-meaning word of saying " Merry Christmas" "Maayong Pasko" "Maligayang Pasko" or whatever way we best say it and I intend to perpetuate the same sense of love shared on Christmas time.



4. Christmas eve that is December 24 is my birthday. And this year, I am going to accept my birthday in additional happiness as God made me reach this age where I went through different phases of development already and I feel that at this stage, I am duty bound to return all the good things that I receive, all the favors in life that came to me and there is no better way than to place myself in SERVICE to others as a fruit of LOVE. LOVE which is the timeless meaning of CHRISTMAS.



A Blessed Christmas everyone and whether we have met in person, or I only met you in my social network, whether you are a Filipino who lives still in our country or you are a Filipino who works in other country, I hope this piece could touch you once again and may you share LOVE on Christmas 2009.

With all my love along with my husband, Jun and our son Briggs, I pray and hope for all of us a Happy Christmas 2009!

Lorelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment